Eudora 2.1.0 - Release Notes
hi!! This time it's kemonologic and I thought I'd write up a quick update on Eudora coinciding with the patch! We recently had a huge surge of interest after releasing a Linux build, and I want to thank everyone for your support. It's been really wonderful for both of us to see how much people enjoy Eudora even a year after its release. If you didn't know we had a Linux build now... well, surprise! I felt it'd be better to wait until the patch if I was going to write a big post about it...
I'd like to take this opportunity to mention that Deerbell is our hobbyist circle and the only criterion we have for publishing a project here is that at least one of us worked on it. In Eudora's case, cicadian did 99.999% of the work, and my only contribution was the Itch page and some of the writing.
So please keep in mind Eudora is still - for the most part - a game jam game developed by a single person during the first phase of the pandemic in the US. If there are some rough spots that's just the nature of it, and there weren't any plans to keep adding more stuff to it past the 2.0 release.
Nevertheless, I thought I'd convince her to let me do some fixes to polish out the more glaring issues with the existing build while she works on Eudora 2, and the changelog is below. I also noticed the OST was exported in MP3 V2, and so re-uploaded it in V0 with the rebalanced gain levels the in-game tracks have.
We'll also be putting out a pretty big patch for Bombardment in the next couple months, so please be on the lookout for that!
Update 2.1.0 (4/29/21)
- Tab color changes when a building is waiting to be placed
- Compiled under YYC on both Windows/Linux for much much improved performance, especially in maps with lots of AI
- Music tracks can now only loop twice
- Renamed "Flak" to "Autocannon Tank"
- Sounds now have a maximum simultaneous play count, to avoid things getting a little too loud with explosions (especially with headphones on)
- Normalized problematic audio gain levels
- Commando was able to detonate friendly bulldings (perhaps as retribution for the last bug where she accidentally shot herself while attacking enemy units)
- Buildings could be sold again while still in the process of being sold
- Units in the shroud could be hovered over or selected
- Moosehead Lake description now shows the correct "1v1", not "1v2"
- Crash when scrolling build list with only one unit unlocked
- More minor scroll issues (not scrolling in multiple of 2, scrolling when build list isn't full, etc)
- Turret guns would draw over their repair icon
- "Hold" text would show up even when resuming a paused construction order
- Various music source/conversion issues, not only should sound nicer but be much smaller in filesize!
- Small audio ID bug
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.